THE MASICORP TEAM
Masicorp was founded in 1999 by John and Carol Thompson and their good friend Jane Philippi joined them soon after. After giving 10 years of active involvement in Masicorp the original USA team handed over to a South African board, and continue to be involved in overseas fund raising activities. Since 2009, considerable funding has also been raised in South Africa and in 2011 Masiphumelele Trust Ltd. [Masicorp UK] was set up in the UK to help support our work.
Masicorp has no religious or political affiliations and is a tax-exempt NGO / charity registered and established in South Africa, the USA and the UK.
Masiphumelele CorporationFrom left to right: Fiona Maitland, Elize Taylor, Dr Paul Geiss, Milli Firth, Carol Hanks, Susan De Vaux, Jacqui Naidoo, Jan O’Connor..
Masiphumelele CorporationFrom left to right: Jane Philippi, John Thompson and Carol Thompson.
Masiphumelele Trust LtdOur UK Trustees are: Sandra Dodson, Andrew Smith, Alan McKelvey, Julia Musgrave and Susan de Vaux
Dame Linda DobbsLinda Dobbs has been a long-time supporter of South Africa in general, and Masicorp in particular. We are delighted that she has agreed to be our patron.
More About Our Team
In South Africa we are registered as Masiphumelele Corporation [NPO: 040994 PBO: 930015544] and we manage operations via our locally-based board. The current members and responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing Director - Milli Firth
- Executive Directors:
- Business Enterprise - Elize Taylor
- Development - Carol Hanks
- Early Childhood Devt - Fiona Maitland
- Education - Kathryn Smith
- Finance - Irene Butterworth
- Marketing & Communications - Dr. Paul Giess
- Non-Executive Directors:
- Keith Richardson
- Alan McKelvey (UK)
- Jane Philippi (USA)
- Andrew Smith
- Carol Thompson (USA)
- John Thompson (USA)
- Michael Tyhali
If you would like any more information on Masicorp, or are interested in getting involved, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Milli Firth, Managing Director - email@example.com, +27 21 785 1923
United States (USA)
In the USA we are registered as Masiphumelele Corporation [Public Charity EIN number: 02-0511758] Our USA team is:
- John and Carol Thompson (Founders)
- Jane Philippi
UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
In the UK we are registered as Masiphumelele Trust Ltd. [Charity Commission N° 1137358 HMRC Gift Aid Registration: XT26095]. Our trustees are:
- Sandra Dodson (Chair)
- Alan McKelvey
- Julia Musgrave
- Andrew Smith
- Susan de Vaux
The UK Trustees are ably assisted in fundraising activities by Belfast based Alan McKelvey.
Our thanks go to:
- Christine Adendorff - of Christine Adendorff Photography in Cape Town - for images used on this site and elsewhere.
- Johann du Bruyn - Design Director at Milk and Coal in Cape Town - who designed our new Logo and Stationery in 2012.
- Julia Musgrave who kindly donates her time and skills as our web master.
- Kenny Williams - for the Kause web design template used by Masicorp.